Our areas of focus
Because someone has to stand up for the children.
Fostering community debates to break down the shackles of a dangerous belief system that has young children as fodder. Building linkages, forging relationships. We have earned the right to be heard.
- Rescue, referral, and reintegration of victims of child abuse to their families or guardians
- Legal counseling for children on their fundamental rights and the means to seek redress when these rights are denied or violated
- Properly documenting cases of child abuse and filing suits at the family courts.
- Advocating for an effective and efficient family court system to ensure that the rights of children are safeguarded
- Engaging appropriate levels of government in dialogue and advocacy for recognition and inclusion of children and their specific needs in policy and governance
- Formation of peer education groups in primary and post-primary institutions to propagate the ideals of human rights.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
BRCI is a nonprofit in Nigeria working in the trenches since 2011 to promote and protect the fundamental rights of children.
Our strategy relies on providing free legal and ancillary services like emergency shelter, family tracing and unification, economic, educational and medical support for vulnerable children.
15, King Street, Big Qua, Calabar, CRS, Nigeria